Q- How do I measure for a custom fit halter?
A- To measure for a regular halter--
1. measure around the nose just below the prominent cheekbones for the noseband.
2. make a line horizontal to the eye and intersect with a line from the base of the ear to the throat latch area, where these 2 lines intersect, measure down to the bottom end of the cheek bone for the length of the cheek straps.
3. measure over the top of the head from the above intersections for the length of the poll strap and buckle.
Lines showing how to measure for a custom fit halter.
Q- How do I measure for a custom fit blanket?
A- To measure for a custom fit blanket, I like to have 5 measurements.
1. around the girth
2. from front of withers to the top of the tail along the back
3. around the base of the neck
4. length from center of the chest along full side to center of butt
5. from elbow over the back to elbow on the other side, making sure the bottom line comes below the bottom line of the belly.
Q- How do I measure for a custom fit bridle?
A- to measure for a bridle I like 4 measurements
1. from the top corner of the mouth over the poll to the top corner of the mouth on the other side for the headstall
2. around the nose below the prominent cheekbones for the noseband
3. from behind the ear (where the poll strap goes including the width of the poll strap, for the browband
4. from the top of the eye to the top corner of the mouth for the cheek strap and blinkers